Christmas Meeting

BBC meet on the 3rd Thursday of every month at 7.30pm, upstairs in the Miner's Arms, St Werburghs.
Web: http://bristolbrewers.wordpress.com/ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bristolbrewers/
Capn Ahab

Christmas Meeting

Post by Capn Ahab »

Festive greetings brewers!

This Thursday is the final BBC meeting of the year, so let's make it a cracker! 7.30 pm, Miners Arms St Werburghs as usual. As is traditional (well, we did it last year...) please bring at least a couple of bottles of something nice you have made to give to the bar staff as our thank you for putting us up (putting up with us?) all year. Please also label it up with what it is and how strong it is so that some delicate soul doesn't crack an 11% Quadrupel by accident...

Oh and feel free to bring mince pies or similar!
Eat sh*t or die trying
periolus

Re: Christmas Meeting

Post by periolus »

Not sure if I can make this yet, but will try!
FV1: EMPTY
FV2: EMPTY
Conditioning: NOWT
Drinking:Countdown Conundrum - Best Bitter; Haka! The Herald - Pacific IPA
Planning: San Francisco 4.9er - California Common; Event Horizon - Robust Porter; Cold Dead Hand - American IPA
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

I'd love to make it but I will be working! :-(
The craft beer revolution will not be sanitised!
(Apologies to Gil Scott-Heron)
Bimster

Post by Bimster »

I can't make this one,........ still on baby stand by.....

Please drink beer for me!
James

BJCP Certified Judge
Capn Ahab

Post by Capn Ahab »

Well, I have to say that, taken as a whole, that was the BEST flight of beers I have tried at a beer club meeting; technically and stylistically flawless to a man. I suggest we bring some of that bad-assedness to the upcoming club competitions.

For posterity:

Taz - ESB: Loads of malt complexity, columbus from FWH comes through real nice like, and a fine spicy English hop finish. Dangerously drinkable.

Sam - Amber thing: 100 % fermented with Brett Trois, spicy mellow funk.

Me - Milk Stout: Rich, lots of yeast character, roasted malts nicely blended, a touch too sweet.

Andy - Porter: Huge black malt character, well balanced by crystal malt, hops nicely balanced.

Mike - Smoked Porter: Smoky bacon deliciousness. Gets better, and better, and better, and better.....

Merry Christmas mofos. x
Eat sh*t or die trying