Brew Days and the sorcerer's apprentice

BBC meet on the 3rd Thursday of every month at 7.30pm, upstairs in the Miner's Arms, St Werburghs.
Web: http://bristolbrewers.wordpress.com/ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bristolbrewers/
Capn Ahab

Brew Days and the sorcerer's apprentice

Post by Capn Ahab »

As discussed at BBC last night, if you are planning a brew day and are up for some company while you brew, post on this thread as there are plenty of extract and kit brewers that are keen to see just how easy all grain brewing is. If you are looking to watch/help out with a brew, it may be best to message the brewer direct rather than answering the post.

I'd also add that I'd be very interested in sitting in if anyone plans to do anything unusual/complicated - eg a decoction mash - so post it up if you are.

You probably just need to state what, where, when and how long...
Eat sh*t or die trying
Mike Palmer

Re: Brew Days and the sorcerer's apprentice

Post by Mike Palmer »

Apparently I'm off Wed and Thur (1st and 2nd June) next week so if anyone's brewing I'd enjoy the chance to observe. God bless the NHS.
Long live SHA(T)!
SandyM

Post by SandyM »

Looks like i'm going to be putting a brew on on Weds, you're welcome to pop round to watch. I plan on starting around 1 / 2ish. email me on mail AT sandymcclure DOT com for my address (don't like sticking too many personal details on line)
Burns stuff. And makes beer. Usually not at the same time.
Taz Ales
Site Admin

Post by Taz Ales »

Useful feature of this board: Members can send emails to eachother using the link below each post. It doesn't reveal your email address.
Taz... or Chris. It's up to you.
Mike Palmer

Post by Mike Palmer »

A very informative and enjoyable evening was had by all (well, me anyhow). I am not going to buy extract again, having learnt that the secret to full mash brewing is sitting for an additional hour or so. Cheers Sandy (and household).
Long live SHA(T)!