Thursday, 15th September meeting

BBC meet on the 3rd Thursday of every month at 7.30pm, upstairs in the Miner's Arms, St Werburghs.
Web: http://bristolbrewers.wordpress.com/ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bristolbrewers/
Mike Palmer

Thursday, 15th September meeting

Post by Mike Palmer »

Do we have a plan for a talk at the above-mentioned meeting? If not, would anyone be interested in dissecting our feedback from the Homebrew Competition, discussing judging procedure/method &c. Quite a few of our members judged and I'd be interested to know how they found it too.

Or have we had enough of all that jazz?
Long live SHA(T)!
I_used_to_brew

Re: Thursday, 15th September meeting

Post by I_used_to_brew »

I've simply accepted the feedback/scoring my beers got. Very little point in nailing a judge down and asking for clarification if you think about it. I judged about 25 beers and there is no way I can recall what I thought of them if you told me the entry number.

Without the same pair of judges and the same beer to sample again it's meaningless. Judging happened on the day, end of.

A de-brief from all involved led by Ali would be of benefit but we have to decide when to do it so we only have to go over it once.
Capn Ahab

Post by Capn Ahab »

I'm up for getting pissed on homebrew and talking about it in a semi-knowledgeable way. Anyone care to join me?
Eat sh*t or die trying
SandyM

Post by SandyM »

Why Mark, I think you just summed up BBC rather well!

Also, I think I will bring along my porter. It would be good to get some non-judging feedback.
Burns stuff. And makes beer. Usually not at the same time.
SandyM

Post by SandyM »

/\ possible post under the influence /\
Taz Ales
Site Admin

Post by Taz Ales »

I'll be there, but I don't have any bottles left to bring with me unfortunately. Need to brew some new beers but I don't seem to have any days available.

Getting worried now
Taz... or Chris. It's up to you.
periolus

Post by periolus »

I'll be coming. This will be my first meeting with the group, so don't have anything to share this time! Is it at the Miner's Arms, St. Werburgh's? What time does it start?

Looking forward to meeting you all then.
FV1: EMPTY
FV2: EMPTY
Conditioning: NOWT
Drinking:Countdown Conundrum - Best Bitter; Haka! The Herald - Pacific IPA
Planning: San Francisco 4.9er - California Common; Event Horizon - Robust Porter; Cold Dead Hand - American IPA
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

periolus wrote:Is it at the Miner's Arms, St. Werburgh's? What time does it start?.

Take a look on the refreshed front page for the answer; http://www.bristolbrewers.co.uk/

It's fair to say that the meeting on the 3rd Thursday is relatively unstructured compared to the meeting on the 1st Thursday. Doesn't make it any less enjoyable though.

I'll try and get along.
Mike Palmer

Post by Mike Palmer »

Why Sandy, I look forward to sampling your first-prize winning porter, shall I bring my first-prize winning stout so we can give Roger a few pointers on brewing dark beer?
Long live SHA(T)!
SandyM

Post by SandyM »

Mike Palmer wrote:Why Sandy, I look forward to sampling your first-prize winning porter, shall I bring my first-prize winning stout so we can give Roger a few pointers on brewing dark beer?
Now now, put the handbag down and walk away quietly ;-)