September meeting - 6th Sepember 2012 *NEW VENUE*

BCB meet on the 1st Monday of every month at 8pm in the Royal Navy Volunteer, King Street.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/bristolcraftbrewers/
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

The next meeting of Bristol Craft Brewers will be held on September 6th 2012 7:30pm for 8pm start at the Stag and Hounds public house, 74 Old Market Street, St Philips, Bristol BS2 0EJ. The meeting room is on the first floor, but as usual, we will gather in the bar area downstairs before.

If you know of anyone else who may be interested in attending then please pass along this information.

The September meeting will be discussion based as we do not have a formal talk for this meeting - unless anyone is willing.....

On the agenda this month;

1) Introductions

2) Ingredients swap

3) NHBC update

4) Q&A session

5) AOB and reminder of upcoming meetings

6) Tastings - please bring 3 bottles of each brew you would like to share

If anyone has anything they would like added to the agenda please let me know

Look forward to seeing you all on Thursday in our new venue.

Roger
rodneygullick

Re: September meeting - 6th Sepember 2012 *NEW VENUE*

Post by rodneygullick »

Hi Roger is there a car park at the rear of the building i managed to get the pub up on google earth but i wasn,t too sure about a car park Rodney
periolus

Post by periolus »

I think you can park at or around the Ambulance station. If not, park whets where you did before for the Cornubia, the Stag & Hounds is 5 minutes walk from there at the most.
FV1: EMPTY
FV2: EMPTY
Conditioning: NOWT
Drinking:Countdown Conundrum - Best Bitter; Haka! The Herald - Pacific IPA
Planning: San Francisco 4.9er - California Common; Event Horizon - Robust Porter; Cold Dead Hand - American IPA
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

rodneygullick wrote:Hi Roger is there a car park at the rear of the building i managed to get the pub up on google earth but i wasn,t too sure about a car park Rodney
The pub itself does not have a car park, but there is some pay and display (free after 6pm, I think) and single yellow parking (again no worries after 6pm, I think) near to the Gardiner Haskins complex. Lots of similar parking towards Castle Park too.

Certainly whnever I've gone to nearby pubs such as the Volunteer Tavern I've never had to pay, not had trouble finding a parking spot.
SandyM

Post by SandyM »

There is plenty of parking on and around Midland Rd which is only a short walk from the pub.
Burns stuff. And makes beer. Usually not at the same time.