August 2012 Meeting

BCB meet on the 1st Monday of every month at 8pm in the Royal Navy Volunteer, King Street.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/bristolcraftbrewers/
steve crawshaw

Re: August 2012 Meeting

Post by steve crawshaw »

The minutes are available online now:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1h8l ... XhyoU/edit

Actions are:

Steve W and Mike P please note your forthcoming talks
Roger will progress the account
Matt to notify members of venue change subject to viewing.

cheers
steve
I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy.
Mike Palmer

Post by Mike Palmer »

While I appreciate my recent (ahem) victory in the Stout class may have led you to making assumptions, what in fuck's name makes you think I know enough about 'stouts and porters' to talk about them? I best get into the books....
Long live SHA(T)!
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

Precisely.

Also, three people who weren't at the meeting are now doing talks.....
steve crawshaw

Post by steve crawshaw »

My understanding is that Steve W had agreed to do the talk on Durden Park. Perhaps steve can confirm? Matt asked me to put Mike's name down for the stout talk. I'm happy to amend the minutes if this isn't the case. I'm not sure who the third person is?

cheers

steve
I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy.
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

Stevew will do a durden park related talk in November and Colin one on bristol pub/brewery history in January. Both confirmed.
steve crawshaw

Post by steve crawshaw »

OK ta I have amended the minutes accordingly with nothing yet confirmed in October. Still open for you mike if you want to do stout and porter talk then, otherwise we can agree content in September. Is that OK?

steve
alikocho

Post by alikocho »

Mike Palmer wrote:While I appreciate my recent (ahem) victory in the Stout class may have led you to making assumptions, what in fuck's name makes you think I know enough about 'stouts and porters' to talk about them? I best get into the books....
I think the fact that you are also imminently taking the BJCP exam may have had something to do with it....
Ali

BJCP National Judge
BJCP Assistant Regional Director (North-East/Europe)
American Homebrewers' Association International Subcommittee
Organizer, National Homebrew Competition
CBA UK Competition and Training Coordinator

http://serenbrewing.com
Mike Palmer

Post by Mike Palmer »

Perhaps there is another Mike?

I am happy to speak on any and every topic given the opportunity and this will be no exception, I hope you are prepared for an amateurish discussion about dark beers! I will also attempt to make a low gravity dark 'un for your pleasure. Is it only you (Steve C), Grundy, and I bringing pale-and-goldings efforts in September?
Long live SHA(T)!
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

I think so Mike, so few had brewed the comparison beer that it was not worth building a whole meeting around it. We can still compare the two.

I don't recall how the jump was made to you doing a talk on stouts, but you had already offered to lead the meeting :)
steve crawshaw

Post by steve crawshaw »

I will be bringing my pale goldings effort if I haven't made a mess of it.
cheers
steve