April 2012 minutes

BCB meet on the 1st Monday of every month at 8pm in the Royal Navy Volunteer, King Street.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/bristolcraftbrewers/
SteveW

Re: April 2012 minutes

Post by SteveW »

RDW,R,HAHB
The craft beer revolution will not be sanitised!
(Apologies to Gil Scott-Heron)
OneJohnK

Post by OneJohnK »

Actually Ali, Fullers don't use what is generally known as dark crystal in the ESB/London Pride/Chiswich grist, I corrected that the last time you made the same mistake, have a look back at your posts.

When I visited the club the beer seemed to be quite well received and I was asked if I would leave a copy of the recipe. I never claimed it was a direct copy of the clone from CYBI, but it was the name I adopted for my own records. I clarified that after your first post, but I guess if anyone wants to make a version of the beer they tried at the meeting, then they have my recipe.

I don't think there is anymore to say on this point.

John Kellett
alikocho

Post by alikocho »

OneJohnK wrote:Actually Ali, Fullers don't use what is generally known as dark crystal in the ESB/London Pride/Chiswich grist, I corrected that the last time you made the same mistake, have a look back at your posts.
Fullers use Simpson's Dark Crystal. Maybe it would have been clearer if I'd stated it as 75L Crystal Malt.

OneJohnK wrote: When I visited the club the beer seemed to be quite well received and I was asked if I would leave a copy of the recipe. I never claimed it was a direct copy of the clone from CYBI, but it was the name I adopted for my own records. I clarified that after your first post, but I guess if anyone wants to make a version of the beer they tried at the meeting, then they have my recipe.
Fine, but I wasn't there and I found it a little off what I would have expected. Things don't always come across well on the internet.
Ali

BJCP National Judge
BJCP Assistant Regional Director (North-East/Europe)
American Homebrewers' Association International Subcommittee
Organizer, National Homebrew Competition
CBA UK Competition and Training Coordinator

http://serenbrewing.com