Cornubia/meeting date

BCB meet on the 1st Monday of every month at 8pm in the Royal Navy Volunteer, King Street.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/bristolcraftbrewers/
vacant

Cornubia/meeting date

Post by vacant »

Great meeting last Thursday.

I felt a bit sorry for the live music/audience as 19 of us is quite a lot of people to be traipsing in an out - arriving late, getting drinks, trips to the bog, leaving early or just leaving.

Any thoughts on either moving our date, music date, venue?
When a man is tired of beer, he is tired of life; for there is in beer all that life can afford
SteveW

Re: Cornubia/meeting date

Post by SteveW »

We have lived with each other for a over year now, I don't think there have been complaints either way, I think They are there every Thursday. For my own part I find the music off putting sometimes, as I really don't get the connection between Music and Beer. But I tolerate it as in all other respects it works for me.

If you can come with with date that does not clash with other peoples commitments or with a venue that has good Beer, is happy to let us do what we do and is as supportive of what we do, please put it forward!
The craft beer revolution will not be sanitised!
(Apologies to Gil Scott-Heron)
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

I don't perceive it as a problem. If you can find a better venue with CAMRA 'pub of the year' quality and range of beer, in a central location, CAMRA discount and with cheap room hire put it forward for discussion.

If the room hire fee was to be more then we'd have to amend the subs too.
SandyM

Post by SandyM »

I quite like the music.It also makes the pub feel lively when you go downstairs. But then again, I am a young 'un ;)
Burns stuff. And makes beer. Usually not at the same time.
Mike Palmer

Post by Mike Palmer »

SandyM wrote:I quite like the music.It also makes the pub feel lively when you go downstairs. But then again, I am a young 'un ;)
Aye, right you are.
Long live SHA(T)!
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

I think having music in such a small venue is silly, but it's there and I can live with it for a few hours a month.
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

I have found a pub in the centre of Bristol with a meeting room that is free to hire, no live music, good beer selection (stunning bottled beer range too), doesn't stink of stale tobacco or dog.
vacant

Post by vacant »

Sounds like it ticks all the boxes. Which pub? I might get to Bristol earlier on Thursday.

I'll make it anywhere within a reasonable walking distance from the bus station/X1 route (out via Hotwells) though the centre makes it a longer trek for anyone on the train.

Changing venue was the last option I suggested, my concern was just us interfering with some pub goers' enjoyment of the music. I'm happy with music either way, and with my senses, never really noticed dog and stale smoke smells :(
When a man is tired of beer, he is tired of life; for there is in beer all that life can afford
MapperMatt

Post by MapperMatt »

Lets table it for discussion on Thurs?
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

Let's not eh? There's not much point in moving and I'd miss my monthly flea bites, they itch for a few weeks and remind me of BCB :-)