BJCP Training Programme

BCB meet on the 1st Monday of every month at 8pm in the Royal Navy Volunteer, King Street.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/bristolcraftbrewers/
Rob___I

BJCP Training Programme

Post by Rob___I »

Hi all,
At yesterday’s meeting we discussed setting up a series of training sessions for us to become recognised BJCP judges. It seemed that lots of people were interested so hopefully this will be successful.

Something I didn’t’ mention is that this isn’t only for new ‘judges’ but also for existing judges as it will count towards your experience points under the ‘BJCP Continuing Education Programme’.

For information I’ve prepared the attached draft training plan which gives more detail based on the BJCP Study Guide.
https://www.bjcp.org/docs/BJCP_Study_Guide.pdf

Next thing to do will be to agree locations, dates and times for the sessions. Mark kindly offered his Café as a potential space for us to use. For me Mondays are good, perhaps we could do the 3rd Monday of each month?

Cheers,
Rob
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Markpummell1

Re: BJCP Training Programme

Post by Markpummell1 »

Monday evenings would work perfectly for me and would be fine to use Ruby Jeans that evening.
Rob___I

Post by Rob___I »

That's fantastic, thanks Mark!
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

Markpummell1 wrote:Monday evenings would work perfectly for me and would be fine to use Ruby Jeans that evening.
Shirehampton?
Markpummell1

Post by Markpummell1 »

Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MattJeffs

Post by MattJeffs »

So if this becomes a thing when should we expect to start?
Rob___I

Post by Rob___I »

We should probably discuss this at March’s meeting when we’re all together in one place. Hopefully we could do the first session some time in March if we can agree a date

MattJeffs

Post by MattJeffs »

Hello Guys,

I won't make it to the march meeting as I'm up at my parents in North Wales. however, still interested in the BJCP, so just assume I agree to anything an I'll try to find out what it is I've agreed (pregreed?) to once i'm back.

cheers!
simonmwhite

Post by simonmwhite »

Hello guys,

I'm not about for the March meeting and won't be able to contribute to the beer judging program discussion. Please proceed and I will see if I can make any dates.

Well done again to Rob for doing so well at the UK National (here's a round of applause from me!).

Simon.
Rob___I

Post by Rob___I »

Cheers Simon. I’ll let you know if we agree any dates...