BRUGES TRIP

BCB meet on the 1st Monday of every month at 8pm in the Royal Navy Volunteer, King Street.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/bristolcraftbrewers/
nuBroo

BRUGES TRIP

Post by nuBroo »

Carol has been in contact with Baker Dolphin who have come up with the following proposal. Need some idea of numbers interested.

BAKER DOLPHIN
Further to our telephone conversation with regards to the trip to Bruge for Bristol Craft Brewers. I am pleased to be able to enclose a suggestion for you. I am sure that alternative dates are available, but this will give you a starting point.

Departing on 15th June 2018, our prices will include the following:-

• Exclusive departure for your group members
• Three days executive coach hire
• Fully fitted with semi reclining seats with seat belts, forced air ventilation and WC
• Return ferry crossing to Calais
• Your choice of local pick up points
• 2 nights at the Academie Hotel – Bruge
• Guided tour of the De Halve Maan Brewery
• Breakfast at the hotel
• Full Use of the coach for local excursions, subject only to drivers regulations
• All tolls, taxes, mileage and parking charges
• Services of a professional driver

Day 1

We depart from Bristol and make our way to Dover for the short sea crossing to Calais. On arrival we make our way to our hotel where we enjoy the next two nights inclusive of bed and breakfast.

Day 2

Today you have a day at leisure to sample the delights of Bruges. This ancient settlement on a network of canals and rivers is an absolute delight. Take a cruise around the canals or a horse drawn carriage through the streets, and shop for pretty lace or delicious chocolates. We will visit the brewery this afternoon and they will give us an informative tour of their premises and some time to sample their produce.

Day 3

A little time this morning for some final shopping before saying farewell to lovely Bruges. We make the short journey to Calais for the ferry crossing to Dover and an early evening arrival in Bristol.

Hotel
Academie Hotel is a luxurious 4-star property set in a prime location in the centre of Bruges. Local places of interest include St. Jans Hospitaal - Hans Memling Museum, Minnewater and Church of Our Lady

Guests of the hotel can make use of the following room facilities: clock radio, climate control, coffee/tea maker and direct-dial phone. Beds: Hypoallergenic bedding is available. Bathroom amenities include hair dryer and makeup/shaving mirror. Housekeeping services are provided.

Price

The club proposes to subsidise the trip for members.

Number of Paying Passengers Travelling
Price Per Person
25+ £315
30+ £290
35+ £275
40+ 265
Single room Supplement £110

Itinerary

I have enclosed a suggested itinerary for the group but you may have some more ideas of your own. As the hotel is in a central position, you would have an advantage of being able to use your time in Bruge well.

If you think that these details are acceptable for the group, we would need to confirm the booking. For this we would need to collect a non-refundable deposit of £50. This will allow us to reserve rooms at the hotel, book the ferry and reserve the coach for the group. This is not an extra payment, but one that will be taken off the final balance payment. The individual deposits to collect from the group, within eight weeks of confirming the booking would be £35.00 per person.
I_used_to_brew

Re: BRUGES TRIP

Post by I_used_to_brew »

Two places please.
colinp

Post by colinp »

2 places please.
nuBroo

Post by nuBroo »

Tim's up for it as are some friends of our Tom and Margaret so 4 more
nuBroo

Post by nuBroo »

And us of course, so up to 10 now
SinaWe

Post by SinaWe »

Thanks so much for organising this! Would have liked to come, but we are away at that time.
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

What is the current status of this proposed trip?
nuBroo

Post by nuBroo »

Deposits are now due for the Trip at £35 per head.

If possible on Monday would be good or pretty soon thereafter.