Looking ahead to 2017 - comments please

BCB meet on the 1st Monday of every month at 8pm in the Royal Navy Volunteer, King Street.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/bristolcraftbrewers/
I_used_to_brew

Looking ahead to 2017 - comments please

Post by I_used_to_brew »

2017 is looking like this. There are a few gaps.
Comments on what to do would be great, comments on the draft program appreciated too. Volunteer speakers welcome.

January - Meeting on the 9th (scond Monday) - Subs of £15 due
February - Visit from Liffey brewers. Members to brew a stout for this evening
March - AGM - Chairman, Secretary,Treasurer & Quartermaster to decide to stand again or not. Nominations for any post open.
April - (+Structured tastings - 6 max - lead Steve C)
May - 'How red is red?' - Brew a red coloured beer (no artificial colours) - lead by Tim S + BIAB - Keith
June - Low Oxygen brewing - Steve Crawshaw
July - Summer Cooler comp - Three bottles of a beer to drink on a hot summers day (topless).
August - Hop processing etc - Tim
September - (+Structured tastings - 6 max - lead Steve C)
October - (+The non-beer thing)
November - Braumeister/GF - Darren
December - Winter Warmer comp - Three bottles of a beer to drink by a fire after a winter walk.
Last edited by I_used_to_brew on Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sponge

Re: Looking ahead to 2017 - comments please

Post by sponge »

Hi all,

Just thought I'd introduce myself - my name is Adam (or sponge) and my wife and I are moving from Australia to Bristol.

I've been homebrewing for about 8 years now, 7 of which has been all grain, and am looking to continue brewing during our time in Bristol. Possibly on a smaller scale as I had a dedicated brew shed in Aus and had a standard batch size around 70-80L.

Hoping to catch up with everyone at one of the meet-ups in January or February to introduce myself.

Cheers!
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

sponge wrote:Hi all,

Just thought I'd introduce myself - my name is Adam (or sponge) and my wife and I are moving from Australia to Bristol.

I've been homebrewing for about 8 years now, 7 of which has been all grain, and am looking to continue brewing during our time in Bristol. Possibly on a smaller scale as I had a dedicated brew shed in Aus and had a standard batch size around 70-80L.

Hoping to catch up with everyone at one of the meet-ups in January or February to introduce myself.

Cheers!
Great, we'll pencil you in for a talk on the HB scene in Aus for June :)

When do you arrive Adam?
sponge

Post by sponge »

Have just been traveling the mainland with the Mrs since August, now currently in London for two weeks before heading west just before new years to settle down and commence work. Will be located pretty central so should be able to make it to the RNV for a Monday evening.

I'll bring a case of fosters for the talk in June and discuss how to brew anything else but that. We can sacrifice the case to the brew gods.
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

Sounds fun. No pressure to do a talk, but, one day, if you fancy it, then we would be interested.

If you need to know where's good for beer when you get here just ask. Likewise we have good contacts for homebrew supplies.