February 2014 Meeting

BCB meet on the 1st Monday of every month at 8pm in the Royal Navy Volunteer, King Street.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/bristolcraftbrewers/
steve crawshaw

February 2014 Meeting

Post by steve crawshaw »

Hi

Just your monthly notification of the forthcoming meeting: 6th February, 8PM start at the ROYAL NAVY VOLUNTEER, King Street.
Please remember to buy a beer or two at the bar as the RNV is letting us use the rooom for free.

Please also note that there is an election for treasurer at this meeting, and chair in March. Nominations to me please.

I would like to give Alex (landlord of RNV) a couple of bottles of homebrew at each meeting in recognition of the free use of room. I will bring one. Please reply to this post if you will bring another.

Draft Agenda:

1. Introductions
2. Bulk buy \ hop contract update.
3. Events
4. Competitions
5. Election of treasurer (nominations to me before the meeting please)
6. Talk (TBC)
7. Break at the bar
8. Tastings

Let me know if you want anything added to the agenda.

cheers
steve
I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy.
steve crawshaw

Re: February 2014 Meeting

Post by steve crawshaw »

Unless someone volunteers we have no talk scheduled for the Feb meeting (I have asked prospective candidates). So I am suggesting that we do some structured feedback at this meeting. Bring along a beer if you want structured feedback to BJCP guidelines. Let me know if you want to do this, we will do a maximum of 4.
cheers
steve
I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy.
SandyM

Post by SandyM »

Ha, I just googled where the RNV was and this is what came up:
Naval-Volunteer.jpg
I should be there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Burns stuff. And makes beer. Usually not at the same time.
steve crawshaw

Post by steve crawshaw »

SandyM wrote:Ha, I just googled where the RNV was and this is what came up:
Naval-Volunteer.jpg
I should be there.
Nice! slap bang in the middle of the Beer-muda triangle...
steve
steve crawshaw

Post by steve crawshaw »

so far I have steve w, roger and myself for structured feedback beers. One slot remains, I will take nominations on the night, first come first served.
steve
rodneygullick

Post by rodneygullick »

put me down for a structured feed back (ps) i've only got 2 bottles is that enough
steve crawshaw

Post by steve crawshaw »

rodneygullick wrote:put me down for a structured feed back (ps) i've only got 2 bottles is that enough
yeah should be ok
steve
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

Please all remember to bring your subs for this year, £15 each and any money you owe for hops.
FluDavid

Post by FluDavid »

Just want to say I'm unable to turn up this month. But I'll be at the one in March (will also bring the £15 sub)
steve crawshaw

Post by steve crawshaw »

Score sheets below. I will process and analyse scores when I have a chance.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B85Sjk ... sp=sharing

annoyingly just too big to add direct to the forum post. Use a non IE browser to acces or you may get an error message

cheers
steve