January meeting and venues

BCB meet on the 1st Monday of every month at 8pm in the Royal Navy Volunteer, King Street.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/bristolcraftbrewers/
steve crawshaw

January meeting and venues

Post by steve crawshaw »

Hi

I have been inquiring about other venues and followed up on Tom Adam's tip (thanks) about the royal navy volunteer. They have a good sized function room above the bar \ restaurant which they will let us have for free. The RNV (King Street) has been recently refurbished and offers several craft beers, keg and cask. Also the food there is very good. I really think that this is going to be the best bet for our meetings for the foreseeable future, so I intend to confirm with the manager shortly. He is a good bloke and wants to support the local brewing scene. I would like to propose that we organise a few bottles for him ( ~3) at each meeting to keep the deal sweet.

They cannot accommodate us in January so I have confirmed with the golden guinea that we will be with them for the meeting on the 2nd. I understand that the timing of this is not ideal and that people may still be de - toxing on the 2nd Jan. Can the BCB members who intend to come on the 2nd please confirm by response to this thread? I will cancel the meeting if there is less than 5 (including me)

For info, Stephen, who runs the guinea will shortly be taking over Bar Salt in Bedminster with a wide offer of craft beers. I think he has big plans for this place, so I would encourage a visit when it opens in the new year. He was very appreciative of the beers we left him at the last meeting.

cheers
steve
I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy.
rodneygullick

Re: January meeting and venues

Post by rodneygullick »

hi Steve for a one off why not move the meeting on a week to the 9th of Jan
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

I can do the 2nd.
timstaley

Post by timstaley »

I'm ok for the 2nd
rodneygullick

Post by rodneygullick »

you can count me and nic in for the 2nd that makes 5 so far Rodney
richpoole

Post by richpoole »

I'll be there on the 2nd. Can we split the hops then Rog? as I need to get the hops then to brew the bramling cross beer on the Monday.

Rich
He who chases two rabbits catches neither.
steve crawshaw

Post by steve crawshaw »

OK, so we're on for the 2nd. I'm not proposing any main item for the agenda as I think there will just be a few in attendance. We will still do normal tastings though, so bring beer.
cheers
steve
I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy.
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

richpoole wrote:I'll be there on the 2nd. Can we split the hops then Rog? as I need to get the hops then to brew the bramling cross beer on the Monday.

Rich
I'm working every day at the moment, but hope to get NYD off, (for some reason it's become a very popular time of year to be seriously ill and require hospital treatment) so I will not get a chance to split the hops. Anyone else fancy doing it?
steve crawshaw

Post by steve crawshaw »

I can split the hops if you like. Could pick up tomorrow night?
cheers
steve