Bramling X over (The "Test Brew")

BCB meet on the 1st Monday of every month at 8pm in the Royal Navy Volunteer, King Street.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/bristolcraftbrewers/
steve crawshaw

Re: Bramling X over (The "Test Brew")

Post by steve crawshaw »

If you haven't collected your hops for the test brew, I will bring the remainder to BBC. If you don't collect there, PM or email me to arrange collection. They are not in the freezer as i haven't got room.
cheers
steve
I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy.
Bimster

Post by Bimster »

steve crawshaw wrote:Hi Nic
The amended one, and yes, my brew length was 20L, though I didn't collect 20, was more like 17 i reckon
steve
Same result for me, yesterday - about 17L into the FV. That was a lot of hops!
James

BJCP Certified Judge
Jeltz69

Post by Jeltz69 »

Well my technique on this should be the most "different", I reckon, as I brewed it as I did my 1st brews. So overnight mash, MaxiBIAB (BIAB with a sparge dunk in a 2nd vessel) then boiled with a hop sock which reduces loss to hops. I hit my figures spot on so 20L collected @ 1.051
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

When are we aiming to present this beer? I need to get a wiggle on and brew it (won't be for a few weeks!)
steve crawshaw

Post by steve crawshaw »

March meeting
I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy.
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

Interesting, I'll be brewing it about 3 weeks before the meeting, should be good. SO-4 is done and clean in 5 days :)
darrenw

Post by darrenw »

Hi Steve,

Am I too late to get involved in this?

Darren
Darren
----
steve crawshaw

Post by steve crawshaw »

darrenw wrote:Hi Steve,

Am I too late to get involved in this?

Darren
I fear so. We have procured the ingredients and the results are to be judged in March meeting, so probably not enough time to brew, ferment and condition. But nothing to stop you trying...

cheers
steve
rodneygullick

Post by rodneygullick »

hi steve i have just realized i havent got my entry in not too late i hope i have already bottled it i seemed to have forgot to enter Rodney
steve crawshaw

Post by steve crawshaw »

rodneygullick wrote:hi steve i have just realized i havent got my entry in not too late i hope i have already bottled it i seemed to have forgot to enter Rodney
It's not really a competition, so there is no need to "enter". Just bring your beer to the march meeting for tasting and feedback.
cheers
steve