Venues

BCB meet on the 1st Monday of every month at 8pm in the Royal Navy Volunteer, King Street.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/bristolcraftbrewers/
I_used_to_brew

Re: Venues

Post by I_used_to_brew »

Thank you Chris :)
EckersKlein

Post by EckersKlein »

Heya dudes,
I wrote an email to the Beer Emporium long ago, and they've just gotten back to me:
--------------
Hello Eric,
Foremost I must apologise for the really long delay on coming back to you here. I meant to do it straight away but like a lot of things, you get distracted and things slip from memory.
Your evenings sound very interesting, and we would be proud to host your group (perhaps for a couple of samples here and there :) ). I am sure there are ways we could also work with you, promoting the group, offering various brews to our regular customers etc, all things for discussion. I appreciate that time has passed and you may have found alternative premises now. But if you would be interested in chatting with me further please call me on either 0117379 0333, or 07887 359162.

Many kind regards

Andy Holian
--------------
I'm not sure how much "quiet space" we'll get, but I figure at least its a place that stakes its name on having loads of good beer.
Shall I follow up on this, or shall I leave it to the club leadership?
PMowdes

Post by PMowdes »

Hey Eric

Do you know where in the beer emporium we'd propose to meet?? Do they have a separate room???

I've been in there a few times, most notably with Steve, Roger and Steve W for the Bristol Beer Week meeting. The acoustics in there are truly awful and unless there is a separate function room I can't see how we could conduct a meeting. It would be as bad as the stag and hounds with the punk bands playing downstairs.

Would be an awesome venue if we could get away from all the noise, plenty of good beer for pre / post meeting drinkies.
60 percent of the time it works every time.
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

I'd say it was a non-starter as a meeting venue for all the reasons Phil said.

Now, across the road, Barry will be opening Small Bar. When he originally planned it to be in the old Las Iquanos he hinted there would be a meeting room. Now he's moved I don't know if that still stands. I would wander along and speak to him but I'm silly busy.
Glo-ro_Bob

Post by Glo-ro_Bob »

The Small Bar at the top of King Street is looking like a promising option when it opens in December. I had a nose around there this week with Jack the manager. There's going to be space upstairs that we can potentially use - a 'library' with sofas and the like.
They're also putting in a 100L brew kit downstairs for people to brew on. Potential for some club brew-days there I reckon!
FV #1: Roggenbier
FV #2: -empty-
Conditioning:
Drinking: Dark Saison, American Pale, Legendary Wit, Dunkelweisen, Rye Session Ale, American Brown Ale.
I_used_to_brew

Post by I_used_to_brew »

Glo-ro Bob wrote:The Small Bar at the top of King Street is looking like a promising option when it opens in December. I had a nose around there this week with Jack the manager. There's going to be space upstairs that we can potentially use - a 'library' with sofas and the like.
They're also putting in a 100L brew kit downstairs for people to brew on. Potential for some club brew-days there I reckon!

I've been in a few times and I'd say the upstairs room is not really suitable, just a bunch of old chesterfields, comfy, but not really practical. Good selection of brewing books if you fancy a beer and a read though.

The Brewkit honestly looks like it's simply a show-piece, for many reasons I doubt it will ever see any use.

So, we are still short of a venue. I really am not keen on the Guinea, the downstairs room really is a shithole, shame, as overall the pub is quite good.
TomAdam

Post by TomAdam »

I just gave the Navy Volunteer a quick call. They said their function room is open now and it has a small bar. Seating for 40, standing up to 80, so it's pretty big. A possible option? Nice central location and good beer. Perhaps they would be interested along the same lines as the Beer Emporium is?