June 2013 Meeting

BCB meet on the 1st Monday of every month at 8pm in the Royal Navy Volunteer, King Street.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/bristolcraftbrewers/
steve crawshaw

June 2013 Meeting

Post by steve crawshaw »

Hi

Would anyone like to do a talk at the June meeting? Unless anyone comes forward I will work on doing a demo of the Beersmith brewing software. Please also send me any items for the Agenda, which I will post in the next few days.
steve
I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy.
MapperMatt

Re: June 2013 Meeting

Post by MapperMatt »

Hi Steve,

I'm back.

Whilst I've not been at BCB for a few months I have still been brewing! I have made 5 beers since March, all between 1.033 and 1.042.
3 different styles, all pretty good so far, since a major over haul of my system in Feb. On that basis I would be happy to do a talk on my experiences of brewing low gravity beers.

Not sure if many others have been brewing low gravity recently (cos I've not been on forum or at meetings), so not sure if people would be interested?

Might not be the longest talk in the world, but I should be able to bring 3 different samples for discussion.

Let me know.
Matt
steve crawshaw

Post by steve crawshaw »

Just the usual reminder about our regular meeting at the stag and hounds, Old Market. Meeting starts at 8pm Thursday 6th June. Draft agenda below, but please let me know if you want anything added.

1. Introductions
2. Ingredients - swap, purchase
3. Events
4. Demo of Beersmith brewing software
5. Tastings

Steve
I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy.
MapperMatt

Post by MapperMatt »

Steve,
I know we talked about doing the low gravity beers talk in August. Holidays and other commitments mean that I'm not going to be able to brew a low gravity beer for a talk in Aug. This being the case it might be better if we postpone it til later in the year. Possibly September, failing that October...
steve crawshaw

Post by steve crawshaw »

OK matt no worries
steve